2021 IPPY AWARD WINNER (BRONZE, ESSAYS)
2019 POETRY SOCIETY OF AMERICA CHAPBOOK FELLOW
2015 HAWAIʻI BOOK PUBLISHERS’ ASSOCIATION
KA PALAPALA POʻOKELA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- “Three Wives” to appear in the anthology, Best of Tupelo Quarterly, Tupelo Press (January 2023)
- Nonwhite and Woman: 153 Micro Essays on Being in the World, edited by Darien Hsu Gee with Carla Crujido — Woodhall Press (September 2022)
- Other Small Histories: Poems — Poetry Society of America (2020). Read the coda (notes and addendum) here.
- Allegiance: Micro Essays — Haliʻa Aloha series, Legacy Isle Publishing (2020) – Editor’s Pick, BookLife; 2021 IPPY Award winner (bronze, essays)
- “Lesson Plans 01-03: On Age Dropping, Botox, and Being an Asian-American Woman at Fifty“ appears in the anthology, Fast Funny Women, edited by Gina Barreca — Woodhall Press (March 2021)
- Writing the Hawai‘i Memoir: Advice and Exercises to Help You Tell Your Story — Watermark Publishing (2014)
- “Pele in Therapy” appears in the anthology Don’t Look Back: Hawaiian Myths Made New, edited by Christine Thomas — Watermark Publishing (2011)
- An Avalon Valentine (2017)
- An Avalon Christmas (2014)
- The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society: A Novel — Ballantine Books (2012)
- Friendship Bread: A Novel — Ballantine Books (2010)
- Table Manners: A Novel (written as Mia King) — Berkley Books (2009)
- Sweet Life: A Novel (written as Mia King) — Berkley Books (2008)
- Good Things: A Novel (written as Mia King) — Berkley Books (2007)
Ballantine Books (US), Berkley Books (US), Watermark Publishing (US), Poetry Society of America (US), Edizioni Piemme (Italy), Grupo Editorial LeYa (Brazil), Allen and Unwin (Australia), Michel Lafon (France), Blanvalet (Germany), China Times (Taiwan), Prószyński Media (Poland), Beyaz Balina (Turkey), A.W. Bruna Uitgevers (Netherlands), Cappelen Damm (Norway), Gradien Mediatama (Indonesia).
Looking for a book? Check out Darien’s recommended reading list and/or make your purchase through Writer-ish’s Bookshop.