2022 FOREWORD REVIEWS (FINALIST, MULTICULTURAL NONFICTION)
2021 IPPY AWARD WINNER (BRONZE, ESSAYS)
2019 POETRY SOCIETY OF AMERICA CHAPBOOK FELLOW
2015 HAWAIʻI BOOK PUBLISHERS’ ASSOCIATION
KA PALAPALA POʻOKELA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
- “Platitudes” to appear in the anthology, Fast Fallen Women, edited by Gina Barreca, Woodhall Press (September 5, 2023)
- “Pele in Therapy” to appear in the anthology, ʻIke Pāpālua: Science Fiction & Fantasy from the Hawaiian Islands, Mutual Publishing (May 2023)
- “Three Wives” to appear in the anthology, Best of Tupelo Quarterly, Tupelo Press (January 2023)
- Other Small Histories: Poems — Selected by Patricia Smith and published by Poetry Society of America (2020). Read the coda (notes and addenda) here.
- Nonwhite and Woman: 131 Micro Essays on Being in the World, edited by Darien Hsu Gee with Carla Crujido — Woodhall Press (September 6, 2022); 2022 Foreword Reviews (Finalist)
- Allegiance: Micro Essays — Haliʻa Aloha series, Legacy Isle Publishing (2020) – Editor’s Pick, BookLife; 2021 IPPY Award winner (Bronze, Essays)
- “Lesson Plans 01-03: On Age Dropping, Botox, and Being an Asian-American Woman at Fifty“ appears in the anthology, Fast Funny Women, edited by Gina Barreca — Woodhall Press (March 2021), and was nominated for a Pushcart Prize. The anthology was a 2021 Foreword INDIES gold winner in the nonfiction/humor category.
- Writing the Hawai‘i Memoir: Advice and Exercises to Help You Tell Your Story — Watermark Publishing (2014)
- “Pele in Therapy” appears in the anthology Don’t Look Back: Hawaiian Myths Made New, edited by Christine Thomas — Watermark Publishing (2011)
- An Avalon Valentine (2017)
- An Avalon Christmas (2014)
- The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society: A Novel — Ballantine Books (2012)
- Friendship Bread: A Novel — Ballantine Books (2010)
- Table Manners: A Novel (written as Mia King) — Berkley Books (2009)
- Sweet Life: A Novel (written as Mia King) — Berkley Books (2008)
- Good Things: A Novel (written as Mia King) — Berkley Books (2007)
Ballantine Books (US), Berkley Books (US), Watermark Publishing (US), Poetry Society of America (US), Edizioni Piemme (Italy), Grupo Editorial LeYa (Brazil), Allen and Unwin (Australia), Michel Lafon (France), Blanvalet (Germany), China Times (Taiwan), Prószyński Media (Poland), Beyaz Balina (Turkey), A.W. Bruna Uitgevers (Netherlands), Cappelen Damm (Norway), Gradien Mediatama (Indonesia).
Looking for a book? Support writers and independent booksellers through Darien’s Bookshop, Writer-ish.